To prepare the students to excel in industry/ technical profession through quality education.
To equip students with a strong foundation in Mechanical Engineering in order to analyze and solve problems in their professional career and higher studies.
To train the students with multidisciplinary approach for broadening their ability to design and develop products which eases the real life problems of society.
To make the students professionally developed and enriched with ethical values in order to make them responsible citizen.
To provide students with conducive academic as well as social environment in which they can express their inherent abilities to pursue successful professional career.
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and mechanical engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Identify, develop, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the principles of mechanical engineering.
3. Design solutions of complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the special needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practices.
7. Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practices.
9. Function effectively as an individual, and as member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the mechanical engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
1. An ability to identify the issues related to Mechanical design and provide their solutions.
2. An ability to simulate virtual environment for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) through knowledge imparted in the area of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)
3. The capability to lead, manage and tackle practical issues related with Mechanical & Automotive Engineering through practical exposure.
4. An ability to analyze and implement the fundamentals of Thermal Engineering to design Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems (R-HVACs).