To prepare graduates to solve complex real-world engineering problems and guide them in a way to contribute to a specific discipline within Computer Science and pursue advanced study or research. |
To provide students with a strong theoretical and practical foundation of Computer Science which makes them attain professional development in the rapidly changing work environment.
To develop an understanding of professional and ethical issues related to computer science in order to utilize their talent as a social responsibility.
To make graduates understand the impact of strong communication and presentation skills to work effectively on team based engineering projects and to provide professional engineering solutions.
To promote graduates in multi-disciplinary environment aware of stronger basic skills, excellence in practical approach and high level interaction to the professionals.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. An ability to formulate and analyse a problem, and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution using basic principles of mathematics, science and computer engineering.
3. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based system, process, component, or software to meet the desired needs.
4. An ability to design and conduct research based experiments, perform analysis and interpretation of data and provide valid conclusions.
5. An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
6. An understanding of legal, health, security, cultural and social issues, and thereby ones responsibility in their application in Professional Engineering practice.
7. An understanding of impact of professional engineering solutions on environmental context and the need for sustainable development.
8. An understanding and commitment towards the professional and ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
9. An ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a team member/leader to accomplish a common goal.
10. An ability to communicate effectively, make effective presentations and write and comprehend technical reports and publications.
11. An ability to learn and adopt new technologies and tools and use them effectively towards continued professional development throughout the life.
12. An understanding of engineering and management principles and their application to manage projects in the software industry.